2012 Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit Resource Page
Below are links to downloadable files for each of the public sessions held at the summit. File sizes are large. Download time depends on your computerís speed and Internet connection.
To save the files on your local machine, right click the link and select "Save Link As."
Presentations, October 16
- Introduction, Ed Bowen (Video)
- Surface Testing Laboratory Update, Dr. Mick Peterson (Video)
- Reformed Racing Medication Rules Update, Matt Iuliano (Video)
- Identification of Illegal Riding Crops and Proper Crop Use, Dr. Christie Mahaffey (Video)
Riding Crop Test - Video
- Identification of Illegal Riding Crops and Proper Crop Use, Chris McCarron (Video)
- The Importance of Pre-Race Inspections, Dr. Mary Scollay (Video)
- Breeders' Cup - Health, Safety and Security, Dora Delgado (Video)
- Equine Injury Database Update, Dr. Tim Parkin (Video)
- Selected Effects of Training & Racing on the Musculoskeletal System, Dr. Larry Bramlage (Video)
- Safety Committees at Racetracks, Roy Roenbeck (Video)
Presentations, October 17
Totally Aftercare Session
Copyright © 2022 Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.